Support The Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the project in Phases?
Sure! The project is already in process. We are finishing up Phase 2 (Digital Photo Exhibit) and in the creative development process of Phase 3 (Dance Album). You can watch Phase 1 (Interference Dance Visual) by clicking here.
You are a fiscally sponsored project. What does that mean?
Fiscal sponsorship is the practice of non-profit organizations offering their legal and tax-exempt status to groups—typically projects—engaged in activities related to the sponsoring organization's mission. Since The Moments Project is not a 501-C3 non-profit organization, we work with our fiscal sponsor, Fresh Arts, a non-profit organization that supports art projects, so donors that want to support us in a way that is tax-deductible can support us through them.
I want to make my donation tax deductible. How do I do it?
If you want to make a bigger donation to the project that is tax-deductible, or you prefer giving to a nonprofit organization, you can donate through our fiscal sponsor Fresh Arts on behalf of our project. Click here to donate.
What is the difference between supporting on Indiegogo and supporting through Fresh Arts?
All donations through Indiegogo are not tax-deductible, but you can receive some perks on that platform depending on how much you give. If you donate through Fresh Arts, your donation is tax deductible, but you wouldn't get anything else in return. It is a charitable donation. Donations are only fully deductible if the donor does not receive goods or services for their donation. You would have to decide which way of supporting speaks best to you. Please note you can always donate on either platform just for the sake of donating.
Does my entire donation make it to you?
Not exactly. In exchange for using their platforms and handling donations, Indiegogo and Fresh Arts take out a percentage before your donation makes it to us. ndiegogo takes a 5% cut and around 3% (total around 8%) for payment processing fees so you can donate to us without worries. Fresh Arts takes a 7% administrative fee to pay for the administrative work of making sure your charitable donation is handled properly. If you send them a check, that is all there is, but if you donate with a credit card or online, that standard 3% processing fee applies for Fresh Arts too.
I want to donate, but my company might be interested in giving too. How do we do that?
There are corporate sponsorships available to support the project. All corporate donations must go through our fiscal sponsor Fresh Arts. Companies can donate an amount by themselves or have matching programs that encourage employees to contribute by matching their donations. Your donation as an employee must go to Fresh Arts and you will need to submit your employer match forms. For more information about the corporate sponsorship, email us at email@example.com
I don't have much money, but I would like to donate a good to help the project. Can I do that instead?
Yes! You can! These are called in-kind donations and some of them can actually be tax-deductible. If you would like to donate a good to the project you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Donating services are not tax deductible but there are other benefits the project can offer. Again email us for more information.